What makes Shorewood Illinois special? Do you know how the town started out? Check out these fast facts on the history and amenities of this great town!
- Did you know that Shorewood was originally a cottage town and summer destination until the 1940’s when people started staying in Shorewood year round? Every summer, families would stay in cute cottages nestled along the DuPage River. The town would dam the river and people would be able to use rafts and go swimming. These same cottages can still be seen today along the river among the Oaks. The town was eventually incorporated on November 27, 1957.
- Shorewood features numerous restaurants and shops as well as many running trails. With a population of approximately 16,500 this beautiful area has a small town feel but with the amenities of a larger town.
- Check out my current Shorewood listings:
1008 Ridge Road Shorewood, Illinois
128 Ryan Lane Shorewood, Illinois
24843 W Wildberry Court Shorewood, Illinois
25104 Old Oak Lane Shorewood, Illinois
Check out these upcoming Shorewood Events!
- The Shorewood police department will host National Night Out 2017 on Tuesday, August 1st from 5:30-8:00 pm at the police station located at 903 W. Jefferson Street. This fun annual event will feature a DJ, moon jump, “touch a squad”, food and refreshments, taser demonstration, raffles, a Matt Whilhem BMX show, and more. For more information, call 815-725-1460.
- 41st Annual Shorewood Crossroads Fest is scheduled for August 4-6th at Cene’s Four Seasons Park. This awesome annual event features a carnival, music, local food vendors, car show, beautiful baby contest, craft and vendor expo, Kid Zone, fireworks, bags contest, pie and hot dog eating contest, and a parade at noon on Sunday. For more information including event schedules call 815-725-2900.
- Bedrocks Craft Beer and Pizza Bar: 700 W Jefferson Street (815) 744-8408
-Great place for craft beer fans with over 40 beers on the menu. Homemade pizza, calzones, and wings are available along with live music on Friday’s, daily drink specials and plenty of pool tables, dart boards, ping pong, etc.
- Crowd around Me: 103 E Jefferson Street (815) 725-5940
- Skooter’s Roadhouse: 700 W Jefferson (815) 799-4700
-They have a large menu with specials several days of the week. They also regularly feature live music.
- Casa Maya: 805 West Jefferson Street (815) 725-7760
- Little Saigon: 201 Vertin Boulevard (815) 782-6395
-Wonderful drinks including a special drink every season. They regularly feature 7 specialty cocktails and the food is delicious.
- Friacos Mexican Restaurant: 1321 State Highway 59 (815) 254-4866
-They offer great happy hour deals with great small bites to eat.