1723 Tall Oaks Drive Plainfield, IL 60586
Curb appeal is still important even when selling a home in the fall! Be sure to rake leaves, trim bushes, and try putting potted mums on the front porch. If the front door needs it, give it a fresh coat of paint so it is the focal point of the front of the home. Try hanging a fall wreath, power wash the exterior, clean the windows, etc. Taking steps to improve your home’s curb appeal will ensure it gives a great first impression to potential buyers.
Check out these upcoming Plainfield fall events! Lot’s of different fun activities on the horizon for the whole family to enjoy!
- Harvest 5K and Kidz Miler: Sunday, September 24th at 8 am at Village Green Park in Plainfield. This fun annual event features a 5K and a mile race for kids. For more information, contact the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (815) 436-4431
- Fire Prevention Week Open House: Saturday, September 30th from 11 am until 2 pm at 23806 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This family event will include a fire station tour, demonstrations, displays, raffles, hot dog lunch and more. For more information, call (815) 436-5335
- Homecoming Parade: Saturday, October 7th at 9 am in downtown Plainfield. For more info, contact Pauline at 815-436-3200 x 815811
- Spooktacular: Save the date-Saturday, October 28th in downtown Plainfield. For more event information check out the Chamber of Commerce website or call (815) 436-4431
- Halloween: Plainfield trick or treat hours are 4-8 pm on Tuesday, October 31st
Are you thinking of listing or buying this month? Check out our September special and save on attorney fees! Every little bit helps when you can save on closing costs.
The design rule of 3 is a widely known guideline for interior design. It is fairly simple to implement in your home and helps design elements look their best. The rule of 3 basically means that objects grouped in odd numbers are more visually appealing and more impactful than things grouped in even numbers.
*Accessories: Grouping knick knacks in groups of 3 creates a balanced and finished look.
*Color: Using only two colors for a room can make the space feel bland and two dimensional. Try adding in a third accent color and see how the room transforms into a finished space with depth. The same is true for texture; adding three textures to a room really brings it to life.
*Difficult spaces: If you have a room or corner in your home that is awkward to fill, try adding three things to the area such as a piece of furniture, a shelf, and a piece of artwork.
*Vignettes: Try using three objects of different sizes to fill the tops of tables, shelves, or nightstands.
*Artwork: Hanging artwork in groups of three instead of groups of 2 or hanging pieces in odd numbers instead of even numbers is generally more appealing to the eye.
Congratulations to Rich and Marcia! We wish you many happy years in your new home!
There are a lot of fun Shorewood fall events coming up! Touch a truck, Oktoberfest, family camp out and much more are just around the corner!
- Touch-A-Truck: This fun event for kids will take place on Saturday, September 23rd from 11 am until 2 pm in the Holy Family parking lot. A special needs pre-party and quiet hour will happen from 10 am until 11 am.
- Oktoberfest: Saturday, September 30th at Cene’s Four Seasons Park from 4 pm until 11:30 pm. Admission is free and food will be available. This event will feature Ed Wagner’s Lustige Blaskapelle from 4-8 pm and the Lounge Puppets from 9 pm until 11:30 pm. This event will be for those 21 and over after 8 pm.
- Autumn Fest: Sunday, October 29th from 2-5 pm at Towne Center Park. This family event requests a donation of one or more canned good per person to our local food pantry. Participants are encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costumes to celebrate the holiday. Pumpkin decorating, crafts, scarecrow contest, hay rides, entertainment, and trunk or treat will all be offered. Food will be available for purchase.
Check out our new listing in #Shorewood! Gorgeous home with almost 3,100 sq ft! Hardwood floors, first floor den, large 2 story family room with fireplace, eat in kitchen with granite, 2nd floor laundry, spacious master suite, 3 car garage, fenced yard with paver patio and firepit and much more! You don’t want to miss this one!
Do you have the basic idea of what a credit score is? Read on for 3 surprising things you may not have known about the scores!
- Marriage predictor: The Federal Reserve did a study where they watched couples for 15 years to see how their credit scores may have affected their relationships. They found that couples with similar scores to each other at the beginning of their marriage were more likely to stay together than couples with scores that differed more. Interesting! Do you agree?
- 0 credit score: Did you know that you could potentially obtain a mortgage even with a credit score of zero? If someone never opens credit accounts their credit score will eventually become 0 but that doesn’t mean that a mortgage is out of reach. Manual underwriting may be an option where all assets and monthly bills are analyzed and could lead to a mortgage approval.
- History: Credit scores weren’t around until the 1950’s so before then people had to go and sit down with a banker to discuss getting a loan. Without credit scores to measure a person’s financial fitness, a banker could approve or deny someone’s loan request for many reasons other than financial such as if they just didn’t care for the person.