Saving Money At Home
- Save money on furniture: Most people know about hitting up garage sales and taking advantage of specials that stores run, but did you know about local chapters of the Buy Nothing Project? These Facebook groups are for people to post items they want to give away for free, lend, or share with neighbors. Check out your local group and see what household supplies, furniture, etc you can find!
- Save money on home insurance: Installing safety devices in your home such as a security system can earn you about a 5% discount on your home insurance policy. Bundling home, auto and life insurance can save you even more.
- Invest in floor models: When purchasing appliances, consider going for the floor model. Doing so can save a considerable amount of money.
- Keep cleaning supplies simple: Instead of spending money on several different types of specialty cleaning products, keep your cleaning supplies simple by sticking with all purpose cleaners, white vinegar and mild dish soap.
- Appeal your property taxes: If you think the value of your home has decreased since it was last assessed, try appealing your taxes. You may be surprised at the money you can save if your taxes are lowered.