There are lot’s of halloween activities to do in and around Plainfield to celebrate the upcoming holiday-there are amusement parks, haunted houses and more!
- Haunted Trails Family Amusement Park: 1423 N. Broadway Street in Joliet
- Annual Halloween Haunted House at the Timbers of Shorewood on Friday, October 20th from 5-10 pm and Saturday, October 21st from 5-10 pm. The Timbers of Shorewood is located at 1100 North River Road in Shorewood.
- Bronkberry Farms Fall Fest: October 14th and 15th from 9 am to 6 pm. 18061 S Bronk Road in Plainfield.
- Heap’s Haunted Corn Maze at Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm located at 4853 U.S. 52 in Minooka.
- Hayride Of Horror: October 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th from 7-10 pm in Dellwood Park located at 199 E. Woods Drive in Lockport.
- The Ghost Tour of Naperville with Kevin Frantz: Walking tour of Naperville to check out haunted spots. Upcoming dates include Friday, October 13th, Saturday October 14th, Sunday October 15th and more. Call (630)-205-2664 for more information.
Check out these upcoming Plainfield fall events! Lot’s of different fun activities on the horizon for the whole family to enjoy!
- Harvest 5K and Kidz Miler: Sunday, September 24th at 8 am at Village Green Park in Plainfield. This fun annual event features a 5K and a mile race for kids. For more information, contact the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (815) 436-4431
- Fire Prevention Week Open House: Saturday, September 30th from 11 am until 2 pm at 23806 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This family event will include a fire station tour, demonstrations, displays, raffles, hot dog lunch and more. For more information, call (815) 436-5335
- Homecoming Parade: Saturday, October 7th at 9 am in downtown Plainfield. For more info, contact Pauline at 815-436-3200 x 815811
- Spooktacular: Save the date-Saturday, October 28th in downtown Plainfield. For more event information check out the Chamber of Commerce website or call (815) 436-4431
- Halloween: Plainfield trick or treat hours are 4-8 pm on Tuesday, October 31st
Capri Sogno is an amazing downtown Plainfield restaurant that is just one of the many gems found downtown. Check out these quick facts about Capri and see what some of their weekly specials are. Next time you find yourself downtown, check out this popular eatery!
- Capri Sogno is a great Italian restaurant found in the heart of downtown Plainfield. Widely known for their delicious food, Capri Sogno features great cuisine and a large wine list. Aside from being a great place to enjoy a meal, they also can host private parties and they offer catering as well.
Check out their weekly specials
- Sunday: Sunday plate
- Monday: Sunday Gravy Ragu
- Tuesday: Chicken Cacciatore
- Wednesday: Italian Style Meatloaf
- Thursday: Braciole
- Friday: Baccala and Polenta
- Saturday: Ossobucco
24102 W Lockport Street
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
What’s happening in Plainfield? Check out this list of fun upcoming local events!
- Friday, July 7th-Movie In Settler’s Park. The Lego Batman movie will be shown Friday night beginning at 8:30 pm. The movie is rated PG and is about 104 minutes long. Settler’s Park is located at 24401 W Lockport in Plainfield. For more information, call 815-609-6124.
- Sunday, July 9th from 12-4 pm the weekly Farmer’s Market will take place at 15025 S Illinois Street in Plainfield. Fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, crafts and more will be available.
- Tuesday, July 11th: Cruise Night will take place from 5-9 pm in downtown Plainfield. Check out one of the great restaurants downtown while checking out the cars!
- Wednesday, July 12th: Coffee with the Mayor at Village Hall at 9 am. For more information, call 815-436-7093.
- Friday, July 14th through Sunday, July 16th: Plainfield Fest is happening this weekend and will be packed with fun things to do for the whole family! This event is always a highlight of the summer and includes carnival rides, food, live music, beer tent, craft vendors, bags tournament and much more! Musical guests include Gruband, Semple, Stephen Neal, School of Rock, Burning Bridges, The Boy Band Night, Hi Infidelity and more. The hours for the fest are 5 pm until midnight on Friday the 14th, 11 am until midnight on Saturday the 15th, and noon until 6 pm on Sunday the 16th.