- Bloomington-Normal, Illinois: Restored 1800’s buildings, farm to table restaurants, shopping, and live music venues.
- Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: This resort town has many hotels, restaurants, and resorts right along the beautiful lake shore. This gorgeous spot doesn’t just attract visitors in the summer; visit in February for the annual Winterfest.
- Rockford, Illinois: Home to a newly renovated downtown area, foodie scene, and gorgeous public gardens.
- Galena, Illinois: Visitors are drawn to restaurants and shops housed in century old buildings. You can also hike, boat on the river, or ski the slopes.
- Fox River Valley, Illinois: Many towns dot this river offering great places to eat, shop, and stay. Try visiting St. Charles and their historical Arcada Theater, or Geneva for their great shopping. Oswego has a cute downtown area with brick paved sidewalks and a family run winery.
- Michigan’s Sunset Coast: New Buffalo, St. Joseph and Benton Harbor offer great food, beautiful beaches, and awesome views of Lake Michigan.
- Woodstock, Illinois: Cute and cozy town, with unique stores and places to eat. Visit in early August for the Woodstock Mozart Festival.
- Beloit, Wisconsin: Famous for their throwback supper clubs.
- South Bend, Indiana: Visit the home of the Fighting Irish and enjoy water sports on the St. Joseph River and awesome dining and shopping.
- Cedarburg, Wisconsin: This quaint town has a main street that is part of the National Register of Historic Places and features many boutiques, restaurants, and chocolate shops housed in limestone buildings.
- Turkey Run Inn, Indiana
- Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin: Enjoy swimming and other recreational activities on the lake or take in some races at the Road America race course.
- Red Arrow Country, Michigan: This makes for a great fall getaway; enjoy cottage style housing, apple picking, and winery tours.