There are lot’s of halloween activities to do in and around Plainfield to celebrate the upcoming holiday-there are amusement parks, haunted houses and more!
- Haunted Trails Family Amusement Park: 1423 N. Broadway Street in Joliet
- Annual Halloween Haunted House at the Timbers of Shorewood on Friday, October 20th from 5-10 pm and Saturday, October 21st from 5-10 pm. The Timbers of Shorewood is located at 1100 North River Road in Shorewood.
- Bronkberry Farms Fall Fest: October 14th and 15th from 9 am to 6 pm. 18061 S Bronk Road in Plainfield.
- Heap’s Haunted Corn Maze at Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm located at 4853 U.S. 52 in Minooka.
- Hayride Of Horror: October 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th from 7-10 pm in Dellwood Park located at 199 E. Woods Drive in Lockport.
- The Ghost Tour of Naperville with Kevin Frantz: Walking tour of Naperville to check out haunted spots. Upcoming dates include Friday, October 13th, Saturday October 14th, Sunday October 15th and more. Call (630)-205-2664 for more information.
Check out these upcoming Plainfield fall events! Lot’s of different fun activities on the horizon for the whole family to enjoy!
- Harvest 5K and Kidz Miler: Sunday, September 24th at 8 am at Village Green Park in Plainfield. This fun annual event features a 5K and a mile race for kids. For more information, contact the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (815) 436-4431
- Fire Prevention Week Open House: Saturday, September 30th from 11 am until 2 pm at 23806 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This family event will include a fire station tour, demonstrations, displays, raffles, hot dog lunch and more. For more information, call (815) 436-5335
- Homecoming Parade: Saturday, October 7th at 9 am in downtown Plainfield. For more info, contact Pauline at 815-436-3200 x 815811
- Spooktacular: Save the date-Saturday, October 28th in downtown Plainfield. For more event information check out the Chamber of Commerce website or call (815) 436-4431
- Halloween: Plainfield trick or treat hours are 4-8 pm on Tuesday, October 31st
The design rule of 3 is a widely known guideline for interior design. It is fairly simple to implement in your home and helps design elements look their best. The rule of 3 basically means that objects grouped in odd numbers are more visually appealing and more impactful than things grouped in even numbers.
*Accessories: Grouping knick knacks in groups of 3 creates a balanced and finished look.
*Color: Using only two colors for a room can make the space feel bland and two dimensional. Try adding in a third accent color and see how the room transforms into a finished space with depth. The same is true for texture; adding three textures to a room really brings it to life.
*Difficult spaces: If you have a room or corner in your home that is awkward to fill, try adding three things to the area such as a piece of furniture, a shelf, and a piece of artwork.
*Vignettes: Try using three objects of different sizes to fill the tops of tables, shelves, or nightstands.
*Artwork: Hanging artwork in groups of three instead of groups of 2 or hanging pieces in odd numbers instead of even numbers is generally more appealing to the eye.