Plainfield Summer Events
- Saturday, May 27th: Ottawa Street pool opens! 23820 W. Ottawa Street. Hours are 12 pm to 8 pm
- Monday, May 29th: Village Green Park splash pad opens. 24121 West Chicago Street. Hours are 11 am until 6 pm.
- Summer Kick Off Bash: June 4th from 1-4 pm at Eaton Preserve located at 23601 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This fun event for all ages includes games, concessions, inflatables, and sand volleyball. This event is through the Plainfield Park District and does require registration so check their website for more details.
- June 6th: Games on the go at Auburn Lakes, located at 11701 Millennium Parkway in Plainfield. Organized games will take place from 8:30 am until 10 am. Check the park district website for more games on the go events at local parks.
- June 9th: Free movies in the park event at Settler’s Park, 15251 S. Van Dyke Road. Snacks will be available for purchase; the movie for this date is Sing. The rain date for this event is July 28th. Check the park district website for more Movies in the Park events.
- June 17th: Birdhouse Building with Dad will take place at Mather Woods located at 25032 W. Renwick Road. Materials to build and decorate birdhouses will be available with the option to hike the trails afterwards. Drinks and snacks will be provided at the end of the hike. Check the Plainfield park district website for more information.
- June 21st: The Cruisin Lake Geneva event leaves from the Louis Joliet Mall section 10 at 8:30 am and returns at 5:30 pm. Participants will be driven around Lake Geneva, have lunch at the historic Baker Mansion and have the opportunity to shop in downtown Lake Geneva. This is for ages 18 and up; check the Plainfield park district website for more information on the cost and how to register.