Do you have plans for New Years Eve 2016 yet? If not, there are plenty of fun events to choose from!
- New Year’s Eve Bash at MORA Asian Fusion includes appetizers, open bar and champagne toast at midnight. Party goes from 9:30 pm to 12:30 am and is $95 per person. MORA Asian Fusion is located at 24108 W Lockport St. Plainfield, IL 60544 and phone number is 815-782-5340.
- New Year’s Eve Gala by the Church at Joliet includes dinner, worship, praise, and prizes. The party begins at 8:30 pm and the cost is $40 for Adults, Teens/Young Adults 14-18 is $20 and children 13 and under are $10. Party is located at George’s 174 Banquet Hall, 1407 Essington Road in Joliet.
- Stone City Saloon NYE party from 10 pm to 3 am. This party is for those 21 and over and includes a dinner buffet, DJ, champagne toast and party favors. Tickets need to be purchased in advance and are $50. For more information call 815-524-4704.
- Zoo Year’s Eve celebration in the Holly Jolly Theater includes live DJ music, party favors, games, prizes and an early countdown beginning at 8 pm. The celebration is perfect for children ages 6 and under. The cost is $17.85 for adults, seniors 65 and older are $12.50 and children ages 3-11 are $12.50. Active, reservist and retired members of the military are free with an ID. Parking for the event is $11.
- Noon Year’s Eve Jump at Pump it Up located at 11411 W 183rd Street in Orland Park. Times are 9:30 am to 12 pm and 12:30 pm to 3 pm. The cost is $10 per child and adults can jump free of charge. For more information call 708-479-2220.
- New Year’s Eve with Dabylon at Ballydoyle. Reggae and Ska music will be played and the event includes a champagne toast and party favors. The cost is $10 per person. Ballydoyle is located at 28 W New York Street in Aurora. For more information call 630-844-0400.
- Have air ducts cleaned, get the HVAC system inspected, cleaned and serviced and have an exterminator come to the home, especially if it has been vacant
- Give the entire home a deep cleaning and get the carpets professionally cleaned
- Focus on security: Change the locks, replace smoke alarm batteries if needed, think about a fire escape plan, invest in a fire-proof safe for valuables and install motion activated lights around all the entrances to the home.
- Energy efficiency: Another part of the new homeowner checklist involves items that will improve the energy efficiency of the home. Invest in a programmable thermostat, install ceiling fans, replace/repair all weather stripping if needed, put new filters in the HVAC system, and install CFL or LED lightbulbs throughout the home.
It’s important to complete all of the inspections prior to closing and the rest of the list shortly after moving in!
Essential oils are rapidly gaining popularity and can be great for the home. Here are some essential oil recipes for diffusers that can be for everyday use or for during a showing to make your home smell wonderful.
- Clean and fresh air blend: 2 drops Lavender oil, 2 drops lemon oil, 2 drops rosemary oil
- Odor eliminator blend: 2 drops lemon oil, 1 drop melaleuca oil, 1 drop cilantro oil, 1 drop lime oil
- Pick me up blend: 2 drops wild orange oil, 2 drops peppermint oil
- Citrus blend: 1 drop lemon oil, 2 drops wild orange oil, 1 drop lime oil, 1 drop grapefruit oil
- Relaxation blend: 1 drop bergamot oil, 1 drop patchouli oil, 1 drop ylang ylang oil
- Garden blend: 1 drop geranium oil, 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops roman chamomile oil
- Respiratory support blend: 1 drop lemon oil, 1 drop eucalyptus oil, 2 drops peppermint oil, 1 drop rosemary oil
- Man cave blend: 2 drops white first oil, 2 drops cypress oil, 2 drops wintergreen oil
- Spicy citrus blend: 3 drops wild orange oil, 2 drops cinnamon bark oil, 1 drop clove oil
- Woodsy blend: 3 drops frankincense oil, 2 drops white fir oil, 1 drops cedarwood oil
- Immunity booster blend: 1 drop rosemary oil, 1 drop clove oil, 1 drop eucalyptus oil, 1 drop cinnamon bark oil, 1 drop wild orange oil
- Stress relief blend: 2 drops frankincense oil, 2 drops bergamot oil
- Sweet dreams blend: 2 drops lavender oil, 2 drops chamomile oil, 2 drops vetiver oil
- Candy store blend: 2 drops wild orange oil, 2 drops wintergreen oil
- Energizing blend: 2 drops wild orange oil, 2 drops frankincense oil, 2 drops cinnamon oil
- Holiday blend: 2 drops white fir oil, 2 drops wild orange oil, 1 drop wintergreen oil
- Grounding blend: 2 drops vetiver oil, 2 drops cedarwood oil