The Best Ways To Add Value To Your Home
- Steel entry door: A new steel entry door boots both energy efficiency as well as curb appeal. Steel doors come in many different colors and they can also be painted. The average cost is $1,230 and the average ROI is 101.8%.
- Wood deck: These cost about $30 per square foot and they allow you to enjoy the outdoors for less than the cost of an enclosed addition. The average ROI is 80.5%.
- Attic conversion: If you need more space, finishing your attic provides more living space without changing the footprint of your home. The average cost is $51,696 and the ROI is 77.2%.
- Garage door replacement: A new garage door makes a huge difference in the look of your home and they can be found in a variety of style choices. The average cost for a midrange steel door is $1,595 and the ROI is 88.4%.
- Fiber cement siding: Fiber cement siding is high quality, resistant to moisture, termites, rot, and fire. It also doesn’t flex so it doesn’t need to be repainted as often as traditional siding. The average cost is $14,014 and the ROI is 84.3%.
- Replacement windows: New windows look good and they also help save money on energy costs. The average cost for 10 midrange vinyl windows is $10,316 and the ROI is 77.5%. The average cost for 10 midrange wood windows is $11,341 with an ROI of 78.8%.
- Vinyl siding: Vinyl is low maintenance, low cost, and lightweight and is the preferred choice for siding. The average cost for midrange vinyl is $12,013 with an ROI of 80.7%.
- Updated kitchen: One of the highest average of returns for home projects over the last 10 years has been a minor kitchen upgrade including new cabinet doors and drawer fronts, new appliances, countertop and flooring. The national average cost is $19,226 with an ROI of 79.3%.