1. Don’t stay: It’s a good idea to leave your home during a showing; allow potential buyers to freely explore your home while not feeling pressure from your presence.
2. Don’t leave your pets at home: Take your pet to the park or for a car ride during showings; some buyers may be uncomfortable with pets around plus it may be stressful for your pet to be home with strangers.
3. Move your car out of the driveway: Make it easy for buyers to park and see your home. Don’t make them park on the street or look for parking elsewhere if possible.
4. Have important documents available: Leave out the appraisal, home inspection report, utility bills, proof of any major repairs, and any other documents you think may be helpful.
5. Serve refreshments: Make buyers feel welcome and at home by having water or coffee and small snacks like cookies or crackers out.