The big rival game is this Sunday at noon and whether you are going out to watch the game or staying in, here are some great ideas for game day!
Looking to go out and watch the big game? Here are several sports bars in the Plainfield area:
- Durbin’s: 16031 S Lincoln Highway Plainfield, IL 60586 (815) 230-4444
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 11820 S Route 59 Plainfield, IL (815) 436-8130
- Chaoz Sports Lounge: 20631 W Renwick Road Crest Hill, IL 60403 (815) 838-5234
- On The Rocks: 1500 Essington Road Joliet, IL 60435 (815) 312-4163
- Tap House Grill: 24402 W Lockport Street Plainfield, IL (815) 733-5540
- Hammer’s Sports Bar: 2771 Black Road Joliet, IL 60435 (815) 725-4250
- Penalty Box: 16108 S Route 59 Plainfield, IL (815) 782-7410
- McBride’s On 52: 2727 West Jefferson Street Joliet, IL 60435 (815) 714-2215
- Stella’s On State St Inc: 823 S State Street Lockport, IL 60441 (815) 834-2780
- Heroes West Sports Grill: 1530 Commerce Drive Joliet, IL 60431 (815) 725-1234
- 1 ounce package of taco seasoning mix
- 16 oz can of refried beans
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 oz can of sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and the refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl and spread over the beans.
- Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions, and lettuce over the salsa and top with cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.
The Pumpkin Fest at Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm is now open through Saturday, November 1st from 10 am until 6 pm. The fest is for people of all ages and general admission tickets are $12 per person on weekdays and $14 per person on weekends and anyone with an active-duty military ID gets in free. Tickets include admission to over 20 fun attractions including a petting zoo, hay ride, train rides, haunted barn, slides, and two cornfield mazes. One cornfield maze includes 15 acres of twists and turns celebrating the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field and the other maze is Spookley’s two acre maze. Pony rides, zombie paintballing, Jumpin’ Blob Jamboree, gem mining, wall climbing, and Spooky Spiral are all available for a small additional fee. Food and drink will be available, including Siegel’s famous root beer, smoked turkey legs, and homemade pies. Below is a list of the various themes and events taking place during upcoming weekends:
Looking for a local apple orchard to help ring in the official start of fall? Here’s a list of some orchards in the area:
- Garden Patch Farms and Orchard-14158 W. 159th Street in Homer Glen, open 9 am to 5 pm daily, (708) 301-7720
- Knutson Harvest-13550 Townhouse Road in Newark, open Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm and Sundays from 1-4 pm, (815) 695-5905
- All Seasons Apple Orchard– 4510 Il Route 176 in Woodstock, open weekdays 10 am to 5 pm, weekends and holidays 10 am to 6 pm, (815) 338-5637
- Prairie Sky Orchard-4914 N. Union Road in Union, open 10 am to 5 pm daily, (815) 923-4834
- Royal Oak Farm Orchard– 15908 Herbron Road in Harvard, u-pick apple orchard open on September 1st-October 31st from 9:30 am to 5 pm Mondays through Thursdays, from 9:30 am to 7 pm Fridays and Saturdays and from 11 am until 6 pm on Sundays. (815) 648-4141
- Pine Acres Apples– 41W651 Powers Road in Huntley, open Tuesdays through Sundays 10 am until 4 pm, (847) 669-3251
- More Than Delicious Orchard– 9905 Thompson Road in Woodstock, open 10 am until 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays, (815) 575-9650
- Lang’s Orchard-17411 Secor Road in Woodstock, open 11 am until 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays, (815) 568-7547
- Woodstock Country Orchard– 17015 Garden Valley Road in Woodstock, open Wednesday through Friday from 10 am until 2 pm and Saturday-Sunday from 9 am until 4 pm, (815) 923-4359
- Plank Road Apple Orchard-50W737 Plank Road in Sycamore
- Jonamac Orchard– 9412 Shabbona Road in Malta, open 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, (815) 825-2158
- Edwards Apple Orchard-7601 Centerville Road in Poplar Grove, open daily from 9 am until 6 pm during September and October and in November the orchard is open daily from 9 am until 5 pm, (815) 765-2234
Dawn is now recognized as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in the Country by Mondinion. Congratulations Dawn!!
To find the complete list, click here.
Callie’s Cuties Bake Shop, a bakery selling homemade goodies safe for families with nut, egg, and milk allergies, is hosting their grand opening at the bake shop on Sunday, September 21st from 12-3 pm. This special event will feature a petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, free samples of various treats, and items available for purchase. The grand opening will be the final day of the bakery’s crowdfunding event to raise money for more equipment, signage, and marketing efforts. For more information about the campaign efforts, visit www.ccnutfree.com.
Callie’s Cuties Bake Shop
16108 S. Route 59 Unit 110