Wine & Cheese by TCC is turning 10 and they are celebrating their anniversary on Saturday, September 6th with a tasting event. The event will take place from 1-5 pm and guests will be able to sample a variety of wines, craft beers, cheeses and specialty foods in their tented parking lot. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased in advance or at the door and include an anniversary wine glass. Tickets purchased in advance earn guests an extra hour of tasting by entering the tent at noon. Tiered discounts on wine will be offered to guests along with tastings of local, organic, and sustainable cafe items, artisan cheese, and specialty items.
Wine & Cheese by TCC
24104 W Lockport Street
Plainfield, IL 60544
Check out my Facebook page to see the gallery of ideas! Dawn Dause RE/MAX Realtor-Facebook
The Plainfield Fire Protection District along with Heartland Blood Centers will be hosting a community blood drive tomorrow, Wednesday August 27th at the fire district Administration and Training Facility from 2-6 pm. Donors need to bring a photo ID and eat a meal before coming. All donors will receive a $5 Subway gift card for their donation. To schedule a donation time, call (815) 733-7335. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Administration and Training Facility
23748 W. 135th Street
Head over to my Facebook page to read about this interesting new home!
With tomatoes in season, this is the perfect time to make your favorite tomato recipe or experiment and find a new fave. Here is a great recipe where both fresh tomatoes and corn come together to create a delicious pasta salad:
- 1 1/2 cups dried bowtie pasta
- 2 fresh ears of corn or 1 cup whole kernel frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons basil pesto, ready made
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Snipped fresh basil
- In a dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Add corn during the last 7 minutes of cooking the pasta. Return to a boil and continue cooking. When the pasta is cooked and the corn is crisp-tender, drain pasta and corn. Rinse the pasta and corn with cold water to stop the cooking process and drain well again. If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, corn, chicken, and tomato.
- For the dressing: In a screw top jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, pesto, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours. Sprinkle the salad with Parmesan cheese and basil just prior to serving.