- Try Geocoaching: A real world treasure hunting experience-participants use GPS devices to search a specific set of coordinates to find a hidden container.
- Go paintballing or try laser tag
- Visit a nearby state park such as Starved Rock
- Go to a local theater
- Visit Six Flags
- Head to a children’s museum such as the DuPage Children’s Museum in Naperville
- Go to the zoo or the Shedd Aquarium
- Take in a major or minor league baseball game
- Have a family board game tournament
- Go bowling
- Camp out under the stars in your own backyard
- Find a local brewery or winery to visit
- Head to the river for a canoe trip
- Paint your own pottery or canvas at a nearby art facility
- Splash around at a local waterpark or pool
- Host your own film festival-choose a theme and allow each family member to pick a movie and then relax for a day of flick viewing with some great snacks
- Have a makeover: Do your own at home or pamper yourself at a local salon or spa
- Take in a local festival such as Plainfield Fest which runs from July 18th-20th
- Go golfing-try the Naperbrook Golf Course or the Links at Carillon, both in Plainfield
- Play outside-go for a walk, fly a kite, take a hike, have a water gun fight, have a picnic, etc.
Enjoy this summer!