With all of this rainy weather we have been having, it’s a great time to cozy up to a hot bowl of soup. Below is a recipe for delicious Corn Chowder:
Corn Chowder With Wild Rice
Courtesy of www.countryliving.com
- 4 large ears of fresh sweet corn, kernels removed (You can substitute 4 cups of frozen corn, thawed)
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- In a pot over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring often, until cooked but not crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot and lay it on a paper towel lined plate. Add the sweet potato, onion, and butter to the pot. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook for about 15 minutes until the potato and onion are soft. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for one minute. Add the corn kernels, 5 cups of vegetable stock, pepper and remaining salt and bring everything to a simmer.
- Put half of the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Once smooth, transfer the soup back into the pot and add the wild rice and bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy!
|Credit: Freedigitalphotos.net By: Supertrooper
Glitz, Glam, And More-A Shopper’s Paradise will take place at Nevin’s Brewing Company tomorrow, Thursday April 24th from 6:30 pm until 9:30 pm. Vendors at the event include Premier Designs, Scentsy, For Tails Only, The Bottom Line Decorated Apparel And More, The Final Touch, Origami Owl, Grace Adele, Bizzibands, Mary Kay, Organo Gold Coffee, Avon, It Works, Chloe & Isabel & Tagliere Design & Events, Ornaments By Mary, and Tastefully Simple. Nevin’s Brewing Company is located at 12337 South Route 59 in Plainfield.