Image from www.gulfcoasttowncenter.com
Not in the mood to cook on Super Bowl Sunday? Why not order a delicious pizza from Aurelio’s? You can dine in, carry out, or order for delivery on the big day. Aurelio’s also caters, offering a large menu including another game day favorite-wings.
Head over to Aurelio’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Aureliosispizza.com, and enter a contest to win a free pizza every week for a month. The contest involves submitting your guess as to who the winning team will be and what the final score will be. The rules include one entry per person and those entries will be accepted all the way up until kickoff.
You can call to order or order online at www.aureliospizza.com. If you decide to have your event catered, those orders can be submitted though tomorrow.
14421 Wallin Drive
Plainfield, IL 60544
3101 W. Jefferson
Joliet, IL 60435
Image from www.bcsfamilies.com
How to make the most out of Super bowl Sunday sans football:
1. Pick Up an Extra Shift at Work: Super Bowl Sunday is the perfect opportunity to make some extra cash by filling in for a game-watching co-worker.
2. Head to the Mall: While the mall is usually a zoo on the weekends, Super Bowl Sunday is like a shopper’s dream. Plenty of parking, no waiting for dressing rooms and no competition at the clearance racks.
3. Empty Machines: If you usually avoid the gym at the weekends due to lines at the machines-Super Bowl Sunday is your no-excuse day! Head over to the gym and get a nice workout in-free of standing in line for the elliptical.
4. Make that Reservation: Go head and try to get into that trendy restaurant you have been trying to get a reservation for forever-with many people occupied by the big event, you will have your pick of tables.
Adapted from www.Plainfield.patch.com
Image from www.facebook.com/HollywoodPalmsCinema
Want to feel like you are at the big game? Head over to Hollywood Palms Cinema in Naperville or Hollywood Cinemas in Woodridge to watch the Seahawks and the Broncos battle it out on the big screen. Not into the game? Catch any movie, all day, for the price of a Matinee.
Hollywood Palms Cinema
352 S Route 59
Naperville, IL 60540
1001 75th Street
Woodridge, IL 60517
Shorewood Hugs is hosting their 5th annual Hugs and Wishes Chocolate Ball on Saturday, February 1, 2014 from 7-11 pm at the Joliet Holiday Inn on Larkin Ave. Experience a “Phantom of the Opera” theme sponsored by Heartland Bank and Trust Company. This event includes entertainment, one free drink per person, cash bar, appetizers, raffles, silent auction, and wonderful chocolate creations from a variety of chocolatiers. Celebrity judges, which include the Mayors from Joliet, Plainfield, Shorewood, Channahon, and Minooka, will decide on the best chocolate creation. There will also be a Grand Prize Raffle.
Tickets run $50 per person and can be purchased at Heartland Bank in Shorewood or www.shorewoodhugs.org. Shorewood Hugs fulfills wishes of the disabled, deserving, or in need in our communities.
1. Set the Stage- Place mini helmets around your home such as on a fireplace mantle or on the food table. Put pennants up and other football accessories. A local party store is a great place to find inexpensive party decor.
2. Snacks and Appetizers-Your game day party should be casual and the atmosphere should be laid back and fun. Encourage guests to mingle and move around my placing snacks in both the kitchen and game viewing room. Great options are mixed nuts and popcorn. Both of these can be kicked up a notch by putting a spin on the classics. Why not try Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts or Cheesy Popcorn? Great options for appetizers include Mini Pizzas, Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip, Lucky Seven Layer Dip, or Perfect Guacamole.
3. The Main (food) Event- Once the appetizers and snacks have been munched on and the big game is beginning, it’s time to move onto the main course. Delicious ideas include: Foccacia Sandwiches, Baked Buffalo Wings, Stacked Enchiladas, Chipotle and Cheese Sliders, or Slow Cooker Chili.
4. A Sweet Ending- No party is complete without dessert. Check out these sweet game day themed treats: Fudgy Football Brownies, Superbowl Bars, Superbowl Cookies, or Touchdown Cheesecake Bites.
Adapted from www.bhg.com