- Saturday, May 27th: Ottawa Street pool opens! 23820 W. Ottawa Street. Hours are 12 pm to 8 pm
- Monday, May 29th: Village Green Park splash pad opens. 24121 West Chicago Street. Hours are 11 am until 6 pm.
- Summer Kick Off Bash: June 4th from 1-4 pm at Eaton Preserve located at 23601 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This fun event for all ages includes games, concessions, inflatables, and sand volleyball. This event is through the Plainfield Park District and does require registration so check their website for more details.
- June 6th: Games on the go at Auburn Lakes, located at 11701 Millennium Parkway in Plainfield. Organized games will take place from 8:30 am until 10 am. Check the park district website for more games on the go events at local parks.
- June 9th: Free movies in the park event at Settler’s Park, 15251 S. Van Dyke Road. Snacks will be available for purchase; the movie for this date is Sing. The rain date for this event is July 28th. Check the park district website for more Movies in the Park events.
- June 17th: Birdhouse Building with Dad will take place at Mather Woods located at 25032 W. Renwick Road. Materials to build and decorate birdhouses will be available with the option to hike the trails afterwards. Drinks and snacks will be provided at the end of the hike. Check the Plainfield park district website for more information.
- June 21st: The Cruisin Lake Geneva event leaves from the Louis Joliet Mall section 10 at 8:30 am and returns at 5:30 pm. Participants will be driven around Lake Geneva, have lunch at the historic Baker Mansion and have the opportunity to shop in downtown Lake Geneva. This is for ages 18 and up; check the Plainfield park district website for more information on the cost and how to register.
Local farmer’s markets are of the the best things to look forward to about spring and summer. Here are the local farmer’s markets happening near you.
Interested in buying or selling in Shorewood? These are the top 10 neighborhoods in Shorewood according to average sales price over the last 12 months.
Wine & Cheese by TCC is a Plainfield wine bar known for being one of the best in the suburbs. Here are some upcoming events happening there! If you have never checked them out, you should make it a priority this summer. They have excellent wine, beer, and food!
Wine & Cheese by TCC
24104 W Lockport Street
Plainfield, IL 60544
- Thursday, May 18th: Noon Whistle Beer Tasting 6-9 pm
- Saturday, May 20th: Banging Gavel Beer Tasting 6-9 pm
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Try a craft cocktail made from local spirits
- Thursday, May 25th: National Wine Day and Cheese Tasting 6-9 pm
- Saturday, May 27th: New wines by the glass tasting 6-9 pm
Do you have a dark room in your home? Brightening up a room can be easy and doesn’t have to cost a lot! Check out these ways to transform a dark space into a light and bright retreat.
Mother’s Day is almost here! Check out this list of perfect places in Plainfield to celebrate Mom!
There are many fun Shorewood events happening this spring and summer! Check out this list of things to do for the whole family!
What are some bad homeowner habits? Do you have any of them? Read on to find out what you should be doing differently in your home.
- Plant for only one season: Think about all seasons instead of just one when planning what trees and flowers you want to plant. Don’t just plant flowers that will bloom in the spring and summer, leaving your yard brown the rest of the year. Consider adding evergreens that will add color throughout the year or trees that bloom in the summer and have colored leaves in the fall.
- Ignore the upkeep: Don’t get into the habit of neglecting your yard; plant low maintenance flowers and trees so that the yard can be easily taken care of.
- Leave clutter around: Yard toys, sporting equipment and extra lawn furniture can all take over your yard, making it look chaotic and neglected even if the landscaping is taken care of. Invest in an oversized storage bin that these items can be kept in.
Luxury home trends in 2017 include lot’s of space, including garage space, and technology built into the home. Read on for more features that luxury buyers are looking for in 2017.