Summer is officially here and there are a lot of fun Plainfield summer events happening!
- Tomorrow, Friday June 23rd, beginning at 8:30 pm in Settler’s Park, the movie Trolls will be shown. The movie is rated PG with a run time of 92 minutes. Settler’s Park is located at 24401 W Lockport Street in Plainfield. For more information, call (815) 609-6124.
- Sunday, June 25th from 12-4 pm the Plainfield farmer’s market will take place in the parking lot near the Plainfield Public Library. The market features fresh fruits and vegetables, flowers, baked goods and handcrafted items. For more information, contact Susan Bostanche at (630) 608-7344.
- Cruise nights will happen on Tuesday, June 27th from 5-9 pm. Head to downtown Plainfield to enjoy classic cars on display.
The Shorewood Kite fest is happening this Sunday, June 25th from 11 am until 3 pm at Cene’s Four Seasons Park! This fun family event is FREE to the public and will include demonstrations from professional kite flyers. Bring the whole family and your own kites to join in on the fun!
Check out this new listing in #Plainfield! Spacious 3 bedroom duplex with lot’s of natural light and a beautiful backyard! Call (815) 954-5050 to schedule a private tour!
Boosting your credit score can be done quickly with these 5 actions.
- Check over your credit report and dispute any errors that you see. Once any errors are corrected, your score should quickly improve.
- Request a limit increase on a credit card; this will raise the amount of credit available to you and have a positive impact on your score.
- If a credit issuer will not give you an increase in your credit limit, consider opening a new credit card account and not using the card.
- If any debt accounts are in collections, work on negotiating those balances and getting them paid off.
- Be added on to someone else’s credit card account as an authorized user.
The Dawn Dause Group sponsored a hole at the Whitney Miller Golf Classic at Broken Arrow Golf Club benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy counties and Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics.
These five things are very important for everyone to do when moving into a new home. Make these 5 things a priority shortly after moving day!
- Saturday, May 27th: Ottawa Street pool opens! 23820 W. Ottawa Street. Hours are 12 pm to 8 pm
- Monday, May 29th: Village Green Park splash pad opens. 24121 West Chicago Street. Hours are 11 am until 6 pm.
- Summer Kick Off Bash: June 4th from 1-4 pm at Eaton Preserve located at 23601 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This fun event for all ages includes games, concessions, inflatables, and sand volleyball. This event is through the Plainfield Park District and does require registration so check their website for more details.
- June 6th: Games on the go at Auburn Lakes, located at 11701 Millennium Parkway in Plainfield. Organized games will take place from 8:30 am until 10 am. Check the park district website for more games on the go events at local parks.
- June 9th: Free movies in the park event at Settler’s Park, 15251 S. Van Dyke Road. Snacks will be available for purchase; the movie for this date is Sing. The rain date for this event is July 28th. Check the park district website for more Movies in the Park events.
- June 17th: Birdhouse Building with Dad will take place at Mather Woods located at 25032 W. Renwick Road. Materials to build and decorate birdhouses will be available with the option to hike the trails afterwards. Drinks and snacks will be provided at the end of the hike. Check the Plainfield park district website for more information.
- June 21st: The Cruisin Lake Geneva event leaves from the Louis Joliet Mall section 10 at 8:30 am and returns at 5:30 pm. Participants will be driven around Lake Geneva, have lunch at the historic Baker Mansion and have the opportunity to shop in downtown Lake Geneva. This is for ages 18 and up; check the Plainfield park district website for more information on the cost and how to register.
Local farmer’s markets are of the the best things to look forward to about spring and summer. Here are the local farmer’s markets happening near you.
Interested in buying or selling in Shorewood? These are the top 10 neighborhoods in Shorewood according to average sales price over the last 12 months.