There are lot’s of halloween activities to do in and around Plainfield to celebrate the upcoming holiday-there are amusement parks, haunted houses and more!
- Haunted Trails Family Amusement Park: 1423 N. Broadway Street in Joliet
- Annual Halloween Haunted House at the Timbers of Shorewood on Friday, October 20th from 5-10 pm and Saturday, October 21st from 5-10 pm. The Timbers of Shorewood is located at 1100 North River Road in Shorewood.
- Bronkberry Farms Fall Fest: October 14th and 15th from 9 am to 6 pm. 18061 S Bronk Road in Plainfield.
- Heap’s Haunted Corn Maze at Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm located at 4853 U.S. 52 in Minooka.
- Hayride Of Horror: October 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th from 7-10 pm in Dellwood Park located at 199 E. Woods Drive in Lockport.
- The Ghost Tour of Naperville with Kevin Frantz: Walking tour of Naperville to check out haunted spots. Upcoming dates include Friday, October 13th, Saturday October 14th, Sunday October 15th and more. Call (630)-205-2664 for more information.
LIVE in the WCKG Studios Remarkable Radio with Mark Imperial! Know someone we should have on the show? E-Mail us at email@example.com
Posted by WCKG on Thursday, October 5, 2017
Check out Dawn’s radio interview with WCKG! Her interview can be seen at the 1 hour 37 minute mark and contains lot’s of great information about the buying and selling process as well as the Dawn Dause Group!
1723 Tall Oaks Drive Plainfield, IL 60586
Curb appeal is still important even when selling a home in the fall! Be sure to rake leaves, trim bushes, and try putting potted mums on the front porch. If the front door needs it, give it a fresh coat of paint so it is the focal point of the front of the home. Try hanging a fall wreath, power wash the exterior, clean the windows, etc. Taking steps to improve your home’s curb appeal will ensure it gives a great first impression to potential buyers.
Check out these upcoming Plainfield fall events! Lot’s of different fun activities on the horizon for the whole family to enjoy!
- Harvest 5K and Kidz Miler: Sunday, September 24th at 8 am at Village Green Park in Plainfield. This fun annual event features a 5K and a mile race for kids. For more information, contact the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce at (815) 436-4431
- Fire Prevention Week Open House: Saturday, September 30th from 11 am until 2 pm at 23806 W 135th Street in Plainfield. This family event will include a fire station tour, demonstrations, displays, raffles, hot dog lunch and more. For more information, call (815) 436-5335
- Homecoming Parade: Saturday, October 7th at 9 am in downtown Plainfield. For more info, contact Pauline at 815-436-3200 x 815811
- Spooktacular: Save the date-Saturday, October 28th in downtown Plainfield. For more event information check out the Chamber of Commerce website or call (815) 436-4431
- Halloween: Plainfield trick or treat hours are 4-8 pm on Tuesday, October 31st
Are you thinking of listing or buying this month? Check out our September special and save on attorney fees! Every little bit helps when you can save on closing costs.
The design rule of 3 is a widely known guideline for interior design. It is fairly simple to implement in your home and helps design elements look their best. The rule of 3 basically means that objects grouped in odd numbers are more visually appealing and more impactful than things grouped in even numbers.
*Accessories: Grouping knick knacks in groups of 3 creates a balanced and finished look.
*Color: Using only two colors for a room can make the space feel bland and two dimensional. Try adding in a third accent color and see how the room transforms into a finished space with depth. The same is true for texture; adding three textures to a room really brings it to life.
*Difficult spaces: If you have a room or corner in your home that is awkward to fill, try adding three things to the area such as a piece of furniture, a shelf, and a piece of artwork.
*Vignettes: Try using three objects of different sizes to fill the tops of tables, shelves, or nightstands.
*Artwork: Hanging artwork in groups of three instead of groups of 2 or hanging pieces in odd numbers instead of even numbers is generally more appealing to the eye.